Monday, October 15, 2012

Sarah Was Taken To The Movies

SPOILER ALERT: If you don't want to know ANYTHING about this movie then you probably shouldn't read this post.

Happy Monday everyone! This past weekend I saw Taken 2 in theaters. Here are my thoughts and a review.

I feel really bad for the Mills family, that can't go anywhere nice without getting kidnapped! After finishing an assignment Bryan Mills invites his family to join him in Istanbul and they enjoy a nice vacation for all of like 30 minutes before Bryan's ex-wife Lenore gets kidnapped. I was kind of disappointed, everything seemed really easy this time around, Liam Neeson's  character had a phone while he was being held hostage, so all he had to do was call his daughter and she managed to get him out by throwing a bunch of grenades around Istanbul. Also nobody in Istanbul seemed to have a problem with Bryan and his daughter driving around and blowing things up on their streets.
During the film Bryan helps his daughter Kim master a stick shift car while being chased by the authorities. Recently I have been trying to master the family stick shift- I am thinking that maybe my dad and I should take a trip to Istanbul because (*spoiler alert*) Kim aced her drivers test without a problem.

I'm going to be totally honest, when I first saw the trailer online I thought it was a joke, so naturally I didn't have very high hopes for the film. It ended up being mostly a remake of the first movie without the gripping suspense. Also, the lighting and effects were dizzying and kind of made me sick. The action was good though and it was kind of fun to see the roles reversed.

Anywho, the movie was unintentionally hilarious and all around kind of disappointing. Personally I think that you are better off just sticking to the first movie.


















No comments:

Post a Comment