Monday, December 10, 2012

My Wonderful Life

Happy Monday!  Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving. Over the past few weeks, I have been busy getting ready for my Drama class's Christmas play.  This year we preformed It's A Wonderful Life: A  Live Radio Play (by Joe Landry).
I was Stage Manager, and had a lot of fun finding 1940's props for sound effects. Because the show was set in the 1940's we had to make all of our sound effects using props on stage. It was a totally different kind of play than anything I have ever been in and I loved being able to bring such a Christmas classic to the stage. This was my last high school play, and I couldn't have asked for a better way to say good-bye.


Backstage, teamwork and multitasking are our best friends...



As I prepare to say good bye to my high school drama career I took a look back at some of my favorite performances. Here are some of the  highlights:
                                      
                         Freshman year I was warrior 2 in our spring production of Beowulf: User Friendly  
                                       
The play was a modern spin on the old tale and it was 
a blast to perform!

Sophomore year I was cast as the lead role in the community theater's
production of The Boarding House 
                             The play follows a crazy cast of characters on their quest to
                      find the treasure that is supposedly buried under the house.





Junior year I preformed in the Fear Factory as Mrs. Rankle. 
Mrs.rankle was one of my favorite characters to preform
ever! I got to be a crazy old lady who wore slippers and stole people's pizza. 









One of the things that I love about theater is being able to turn a simple space into a whole new world. I love story telling and making people laugh and theater has been a great way to do just that.  











No comments:

Post a Comment